Landry and Lewis Architects, PA

Creating Landmarks in Mississippi Since 1910

Temple Baptist Church

Hattiesburg, Mississippi

To meet the demands of a growing church this project was designed to meet the needs of expanded corporate worship as well as the much needed specialized facilities for both students and children.  It includes a main worship center to seat, at capacity, 2,700 with a 300 seat choir loft, a student activity center for day to day ministries as well as bible fellowship classrooms and a worship center with seating for 560 and finally a children’s department with bible fellowship class space and a worship center specialized for children’s programming with seating capacity of 468.

A formal administration suite for all resident ministers and associates was included as well as some limited education spaces for the adult ministry.

This phase included oversized corridors for circulation and in preparation for additional future additions to the plant.

Technology was king in this project as it was planned with the latest in audio visual systems and acoustics thru-out the entire project.  Intricate catwalk design and television production rooms were included to support any conceivable event or desired function.  Secondary worship centers may be used as on-site overflow for state wide or regional events.  Temple’s worship center is the largest meeting facility in the city of Hattiesburg and has been host to University of Southern Mississippi events for these reasons.